Trait Rubric - Word Choice
The language is rich, natural, and yet succinct.
- A. Words are specific, precise, and appropriate.
- B. Powerful words provide energy for the paper.
The language is functional, and the message is conveyed.
- A. Words are generally correct and appropriate but may be ordinary.
- B. Powerful words are occasionally present.
- C. Expression is clear but cliches and redundancy may exist.
The language is awkward and unclear.
- A. Words are limited, dull, and abstract.
- B. No powerful words are used.
- C. The writer uses a limited vocabulary and/or excessive jargon.
View the Explanation for this Trait
View the Example for this Trait
Go to the site Main Page