Trait Rubric - Sentence Fluency
The writing has a natural flow and rhythm.
- A. Varied sentence structure and length demonstrate conscious planning.
- B. The sentences are rhythmic and graceful.
The writing moves mechanically.
- A. The writer shows control over simple sentence structure, but uses complex sentences infrequently.
- B. The sentence rhythm is attempted but inconsistent.
The writing moves awkwardly.
- A. The sentences tend to be choppy, incomplete, or rambling.
- B. The sentence rhythm is clumsy and jarring.
View the Explanation for this Trait
View the Example for this Trait
Go to the site Main Page